Our Baby Boy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

And the countdown... begins

Being that my life has been pretty crazy the last couple months it has led me to neglect the blogging world. Tonight is different, something out there in the universe is pushing me to vent a little ( or maybe a lot ). So, here goes it.

A LOT has been going on in my life and I, myself am having a hard time wrapping my fingers around it all. As of today I am 6 months and 2 days and Colton is growing like a weed. My tummy gets bigger and bigger every single day and he is kicking, I think we might just have a pro soccer player in there.


As most of you already know, I am Marine Wife. Recently I had to do the one thing that any Military Wife dreads doing. That's right, the 10 letter word that makes everyone cringe at the knees and makes the heart sink to the bottomless pit of your stomach, Deployment. I can't begin to explain how stressful life is when you find out how much you have to do in so little time and when all is said and done your last days are spent trying to figure out where did all the time go and how are you going make up for time lost with each other. We finally sat down with each other to take a breather and take each other in the day before he left. It might have only been for 3 hours but I am grateful that I got to lay next to my husband in his arms, colton kicking, and take in the last moments we had with each other until he returns; even it was for a short period of time.



"Time is ever on the move and once gone, it will never return" - How this quote hits me pretty hard these days. If it's anything that I have learned while being married into the Military and has drilled deep into my heart is that "Time Is Precious".. I look back on my life before Tom and I married and shake my head at the moments I took for granted and for the time I waisted. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to let the military take my husband far away from his family for a long time and know the sacrifices we both have to make, I would honestly probably still be waisting precious time. I am just grateful I know how to spend my every last second of the day.. and the only word that can really describe the way I spend it these days is, LOVE.

With all of that being said, my countdowns are on. The clock is ticking away and I have two amazing surprises coming my way.

I get to experience becoming a mother to a beautiful baby boy. Even though my husband will not be there with me ( and god knows how much this weakens my heart because he is my strength ) I will be strong and have his picture right next to me as our son is being brought into this world. I know Tom will be there with me in heart and spirit holding my hand and telling me " Honey, you've got this ".

And probably the most heart-felt moment of my life a moment I will NEVER forget. The day my husband steps off that bus and I run up to him with Colton in my arms and suddenly the world stops and father meets his son. And, how lucky am I to experience a kiss that literally knocks you straight off your feet. A kiss that you wait so many months for? I'm a pretty lucky gal if I say so myself.

With that kind of love, I am forever fulfilled for the rest of my life.


God Bless Everyone..
Thomas, My love if your reading this; Coltie and I love and miss you, terribly.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing writer Chelsea....among many other things! I admire your strength through, what I know, is a very trying time. If anybody can do it though, it's you. I'm sure you'll be an incredible mommy and I'm so excited for you to get to experience such a joy. It really is a wonderful job :) Hang in there girl, you've got the support of many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sav, Thank you so much <3 That mean's a lot. Blogging or just writing is such a release for me. I am thankful for having the support and love from friends like yourself.

    ReplyDelete