Our Baby Boy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 4, 2011

Sending a Care Package, My way!

For a couple days now I have been throwing around many ideas on just how I would love to send out care packages this time around. When I woke up this morning I knew just what would melt my husbands heart ( yes, my Marine is a softy underneath that tough exterior).

Being that this will be Tom's first time being gone and away from family on the "important" holidays I knew that I had to make every single box I send out a little bit more special than just a cardboard box. Some of you don't know my husband and if you do, you still might not know how soft his heart it when it comes to being home. For example; I believe he bragged about my food, my decorating, and the way our home felt like a home to his buddies more than I did to anyone, ever. If there is one thing about my husband that stands out amongst the rest is that he really knows where his heart is, and so do I.

With that said- Hobby Lobby was my choice of destination to stock up on supplies for the packages. First off, that place is evil. I could sit in there all day and probably spend endless amounts of money on decor and art/crafts. I ended up going down the Scrapbooking isle and picked up a bunch of thanksgiving related sheets along with some solid pumpkin orange paper to outline the photos I would be using. Finishing up with some lettering, pens and glue. Oh, I can't forget that I picked up a burgundy bandana. Two things that my husband LOVES when he is in the sand box is a bandana in a zip lock bag drenched in my perfume and the other thing is another zip lock bag with downy lavender dryer sheets ( that's what I use for ours clothes & spray lavender every night before we go to bed ).


I love arts & crafts and they are even better to play with when your making something for the person that you love. A lot of people don't understand how much it means to our women and men when they receive even just a letter. I know how much it warms my husbands heart when he gets something from "Mail Call". It's their lifelines, it's what keeps them motivated and keep them going. After putting everything together, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I'm not tooting my own horn or anything but, a lot of love went into this box including with what it was packed with.



It's amazing how many memories were brought back to me while putting this box together for Tom. A few times I had to catch myself from shedding a tear and remind myself to be strong. Then again, I am human and I would be lying if I said that this deployment isn't hitting me more each day that passes by. Any deployment there is.. hurts but, when it comes to my husband being gone for the holidays it stings just a little bit more ( at least for me it does ). Holidays aren't just a time of celebration or a stressful decision on what your going to make for Christmas dinner. Coming from my family, it's a feeling and experience you just can't put into words when all of my family members get around each other.. The closest word I can even think of to describe it would be, Magical. Therefore, having my husband gone during these times is just not ideal but it is something I am thankful my family understand and are there to help me through it ( coming from a military family ). As we sit around these up coming holidays our eyes will swell up from my Grandpa's prayers that he gives before every dinner and I hope and pray my husband will feel that same kind of comfort when he opens up these boxes I send to him... That's sending a care package, My Way!

God Bless & Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment