Our Baby Boy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Just a daydreamer.

While Tom and I were on his 2 week leave before DDay, we were able to take a trip to Deming, NM to visit his grandparents. Not only were we surprised how well the trip went, we also couldn't believe how IN LOVE we fell for this little town. Being able to meet and visit with his grandparents was such a joy and I am so glad that we decided to take that trip. You don't realize how little you know about life until you sit down with a 90 year old man ( Tom's Grandpa - George ) who can tell you stories for days. Nora, his grandma who has a heart of gold was such a delight to sit down with and get to know. It's been some time now since Tom has been able to see his grandparents and all I can say is I saw a side of my husband that I never knew existed. I remember Nora saying " George hasn't been able to take that smile off of his face since you two got here " and I couldn't help but say the same about Tom.

Within those couple days that we spent there in Deming, we went by a piece of property that Toms dad had gave to him. From the things Tom had told me of this place I really wasn't thinking too much of it. We were just going to go check it out and see what needed to be fixed and to see what we needed to do with it for future ideas (Sell, Invest, Rent etc).. But to our surprise again, we were in awe. As we walked the property ( 5 acres ) and went into the vacant home we suddenly stopped and looked at each other and smiled. Tom looked at me and said " Well? " and I replied with "You don't even need to ask me twice, I love this place, It's home ". In that moment I could tell both of our wheels were turning as in just how we could make this work. We weren't just looking at the property to make sure everything was okay anymore, we were planning where to put things, to bust this wall out, to replace this flooring, to plant this, to grow that.

You see, Tom and I don't have "big" dreams and wants but the things we do want for our future we always wondered just how we were going to do them. We knew land wasn't cheap and buying a home isn't either. But, here we were.. with land, a home and a place we can build our future on. Not just for us, but for our children. Tom kept explaining to me how he wants to be able to take care of his grandparents being that he is the ONLY grandchild and what better way to do that if we lived just down the street from them? The words to describe this situation is, BLESSED & GRATEFUL.

(My Honey on the back porch staring out on the land)

It's amazing how things just fall right into place, isn't it? I am pretty sure that this home is all Tom and I have talked about since we left Deming. We can't stop making plans and can't stop the visions of Colton growing up just the way we have always wanted our children too. So here I am being a Daydreamer. Dreaming away my thoughts of just how our home will turn out and just what we are going to do with the land.

         ( With Grandpa George showing us the types of trees on the property & old barn yard wood chicken coop in the back ) 

I am so blessed to have the kind of love that shares the same appreciation for things that most would think is just a useless piece of dirt. I'm sure most would look at this land and not even think twice about it but, it captured our hearts. So, when Tom gets out this is where we will be heading. I've never lived in a home that I could go back to or a place to call "home". At least not the way I have always wanted to. One thing I always knew though, my heart has always been within a small town, country side, animals, and living on my own land with my husband and children.

The song " The House That Built Me " by Miranda Lambert seriously couldn't relate any more to how I feel right now. The song describes her growing up in a home but even though I am 24 years old, married, and about to have a son; I honestly believe this will be the home that builds me, builds my husband, builds us and our family. It will take a lot of work to get it to just how we want it, and will continue to be worked on with blood and sweat shed day to day for its up-keep but isn't that what a home is about- The memories? I am just ready, so ready to be a whole with my husband and our little boy in Deming,NM and start Living.


Deming, NM



          

No comments:

Post a Comment