Our Baby Boy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 23, 2011

Clean bill of health . . .



Today was the big 18-20 week appointment for Colton. I have to admit I had to prepare myself a couple of days in advanced for this and still last night I wasn't ready for it. I always seem to do this to myself, I work myself up and then when it's all over and done with, I just shake my head wondering what I worried about. Hearing the words my doctor that they are going to check his organs and make sure he is growing properly just made my heart tremble. Not because I didn't want to know the truth but that it made me start to worry about my little boy. I didn't know what to expect and I also didn't have Tom right by my side in the event if there WAS something to be concerned about.

I talked to Colton last night before I went to bed and prayed that he would prove me wrong and show the doctors that he is as healthy as a horse. I'm so glad he already listens (giggles) because just seeing him on the screen jumping and flipping put my heart and soul at such ease. At that point of time I wasn't concerned at what the doctor had to do to look at his anatomy I was just in awe at how active he was. It was like he was saying " Mama, I'm okay ". I swear when the lady started pointing out everything to me with his body I must have asked a million questions. Yes folks, I am THAT person, the person who has to ask questions to be put at ease and I might just ask them again.

So after all is said and done the doctor gives Colton a Clean Bill Of Health. And, I couldn't be more happier. I couldn't wait to get home and share the news with Tom and when I did, his words were "That's My Boy". I know it's hard on him that he can't be here to share all of this with me but I know God wont put anything in our life that we cannot handle. So here I am looking over and over again at the picture of my beautiful little Colt and trying to already pick out who's facial features he has. I might sound biased but he is the most beautiful little ultrasound baby I have seen. You're daddy and I love you so much little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment