Our Baby Boy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Creamy Enchilada Tacos

Being that my husband and I are taco lovers, we always use ground beef or ground turkey but this time we decided to use pork chops. It was one of those days where we didn't have anything set out or planned to make. I sat down on the kitchen floor and reached into my cupboard and just started pulling out cans. First we wanted to make some Chili Verde but being me I always throw things together and somehow they always turn out delicious.  These tacos have the perfect taste and just the right temperature not to burn your mouth with spiciness. But, then again we like our stuff HOT

You will need - -

Crock Pot Ingredients
  • 3 /  1inch  boneless pork chops - Cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 can of Mexicorn
  • 1 can of Ranch Style Pinto Beans w/ Jalapenos
  • 1 can of Mexican Lime & Cilantro Rotel ( Hot)
  • 3 cans of diced green chilies ( Mild )
  • 1 whole onion (diced)
  • 1 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 teaspoons of creole seasons
  • 1/2 of a packet of McCormick taco seasoning (mild)
  • Handful of Cilantro
After you have all of these ingredients you will want to add of them together EXCEPT for the Cilantro. You will cook on High for 4 hours.

30 mins before serving you will want to take 1/2 of the handful of the Cilantro and add to the mixture in the crock pot.



Cream Mixture
  • 16 ounces of Sour Cream
  • 1 bag of McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning
Mix together. Let chill until your 4 hours in the crock pot is done.

When everything in the crock pot is done this is going to be where you are going to have to eyeball just how much you want to be mixed together. I took another bowl and transferred some of the crock mix and some of the cream mix together. I left some of the crock pot mixture alone to have as a soup later. It's up to you if you want to use ALL of it or use it for a soup, it's very good.

With your mixture mixed, start heating up your tortillas. My husband and I use these, we LOVE them. Hopefully you will too.


Tortillas heated, on a plate. Drop a couple tablespoons of combined mixture, add cheese on top, some cilantro and then if wanted some more HEAT drizzle some Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce on top. For those who have no idea what it is, here's a picture:


Roll it on up, and ENJOY. They are going to be a little messy so make sure you don't have a white shirt on and keep a couple of napkins on hand.


Also, I'd like to get a huge dedication for this post to my Mother.
Happy Mothers Day, Mama. I get my passion for cooking from my mama. Sure don't know where I would be today without her. I love you, Mom.

3 comments:

  1. One word for that.. YUMMY!! wow that really looks great. Does it make alot? Also thank you so much for the kind words. it really means alot!! I still look at that picture and cant believe My hair was that long.. LOL Such a sweet picture though... Keep the blogs coming. there awesome.. Love ya lots. mama..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea I meant to ask you did you cook this on high in the crock pot???

    ReplyDelete
  3. on high yes, and it serves a lot. hope you try it, its very good! Tom, loved it!

    ReplyDelete